About the Role
The role of a Prep Cook at the Tabachines Cocina is extremely important to our success. We hope to usher in a new era of upscale Mexican Cuisine for Fresno. Our team will be bringing an experience of dining that sets the standard today and will continue to define them in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for preparing and at times finishing foods on all stations within the kitchen if necessary.
• Meet quality standards, as well as maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
• Assist the Chef as needed in execution of production.
• Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
• Able to follow standardized recipes with a high level of accuracy/consistency.
• Maintain accurate inventories while informing management of restocking needs to prevent product shortages.
• Notifies chef on duty prior to end of shift if unable to complete assigned task(s) within allotted time.
Additional Skills and Abilities
• Efficiency and Speed
• Organization and Focus
• Attention to Cleanliness and Sanitation
• Always a Team Player
• Candidates must be able to communicate in English, read and follow recipes, and complete basic mathematical calculations. Second language is a plus.
• 3 – 5 years culinary experience in a similar role; preferably in a high-volume restaurant, scratch-cooking environment.
• Candidate must exhibit extensive sanitation and culinary knowledge, accurate knife skills, and the ability to be self-motivated.
• Requires the ability to work organized and within a team environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, be a logical thinker, remains calm and resolve problems using a good judgement.
• Must possess the ability to prioritize, organize and follow through to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required for this position at all-times.
• Culinary training or degree is preferred, but not required.
• Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Requires a valid ServSafe card prior to commencement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently standing, listening, verbally communicating, using wrists, hands and fingers to prepare recipes with expert care. Frequently required to carry, push, pull and walk. The employee will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Please see the attached ADA Physical Demands list for further details
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.