About the Role
As a Chef de Partie/Garde Manger Chef, you would be overseeing the culinary operations in this area by following Tabachines standards and procedures. Your responsibility pertains, but is not endemic to, managing the food production and quality control for all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the cold kitchen. Also, taking care of all physical aspects of cold kitchen operation, supervision, preparation and serving of food, equipment maintenance and cleaning, quality control and cleanliness of work area.
Qualities of a successful Garde Manger Chef
- Efficiency and Speed
- Organization and Focus
- High Level of Attention and Awareness
- Attention to Cleanliness and Sanitation
- Always a Team Player
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Working knowledge of knives and knife skills.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment like cryovac, slicing machine, juicer, small wares etc.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Associate’s degree in Culinary or Culinary diploma or equivalent with experience preferred. Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms. Basic computer knowledge and experience in using inventory systems.
1-2 years of Culinary experience in a full-service, structured dining establishment.